PADI Complete Divemaster Internship
This is our most popular DM internship. It’s our one-stop shop for your complete and comprehensive PADI Divemaster training. Conducted over a minimum of 4-6 weeks but with NO TIME LIMIT our aim is to put you in control of your training! This will allow you to learn at your own pace at the same time gain experience and exposure to working with real guests which will teach you the most important part of the Divemaster course – Good Judgment.
We also include many workshops over and above course performance requirements that will increase your skills and attractiveness to potential employers. This package includes all PADI fees and the Divemaster Crew Pack, accommodation for 6 weeks and lunch over thirty days.
You will be mentored by our dedicated professional level training team led by Platinum PADI Course Director Alex Walker with language support in English, Danish, Spanish, German, Dutch and Indonesian.
While we encourage all professional level divers to own their own equipment this course also includes free equipment rental and discounts on equipment purchases, which will allow you to find all the right equipment for you.
PADI Complete Divemaster Internship
- 4 -6 Weeks Internship
- Lunches included
- 6 Weeks Accommondation
Check these out to know more!
To qualify for the PADI Divemaster course you must
• Be 18 years old at the start of Divemaster training
• Have logged 20 dives
• Have completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within the last 24 months
• Be medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within the last 12 months
• Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver or have equivalent rating through another organization.
Note: Proof of 60 dives is a certification requirement for Divemaster certification, which is all included in
the Divemaster course package
PADI Materials (Crewpack) are included in all our Divemaster Internships
• PADI Instructor Manual
• Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
• Divemaster Slates
• Divemaster Manual
• eRDP ml
• Scuba Tune-Up Workbook
• Professional Training Log
• Discover Scuba Diving Instructor Cue Cards
• PADI PRO Bag
• Develop demonstration quality skills, performing the 24 basic scuba skills. We focus on neutrally buoyant skills at this level of training and teach you multiple ways to assist students.
• Dive site set up and management
• Mapping project
• Dive briefing
• Search and Recovery scenario (Not a certification. Do the Specialty instead and get a good deal!)
• Deep Dive scenario (Not a certification. Do the Specialty instead and get a good deal!)
• Open Water diver students in confined water
• Open Water diver students in open water
• Continuing education student divers in open water
• Certified divers in open water
Divemaster-Conducted Programs Workshops
• Scuba Review/Reactivate in confined water
• Skin diver course and snorkeling supervision
• Discover Scuba Diving in confined water
• Discover Scuba Diving program – additional open water dive
• Discover Local Diving in open water
The knowledge development consists of 9 topics and 2 final exams. These are completed via self study and classroom
presentations held by our instructors to give you local knowledge and hands on experience.
• The role and characteristics of a PADI Divemaster
• Supervising general diving activities for certified divers
• Assisting with student divers in training
• Diver safety and risk management
• Divemaster conducted programs
• Specialized skills and activities
• The business of diving and your career
• Awareness of the dive environment
• 5 dive theory reviews
• Complete an Emergency Assistance Plan (you may use the one from your rescue course)
• 400 meters swim
• 15 minutes treading water
• 800 meters snorkel swim
• 100 meters inert diver tow
• Equipment Exchange
• Diver Rescue – Respond to an unresponsive, non-breathing diver.
As a Divemaster it is important to be able to cater to many different types of divers so that you do not lose out on customers due to your certification limits. We offer a wide range of specialties at Crystal Divers, which will help you in your diving career as a PADI professional. Thats why we include PADI Oxygen Provider in all our Divemaster Internships. Other specialties that you may find useful as a PADI Divermaster include:
• Deep Diver, so that you are able to guide divers with deep certification up to 40 meters
• Search & Recovery Diver. Your customer loses something? You would be the hero of the day if you could easily find it for them
• Nitrox Diver, so that you can guide divers who want to dive on nitrox (to extend no deco times)
• Wreck Diver, so that you are able to guide wreck divers into wrecks
Other specialties that are extremely valuable for you as a Divemaster are:
• Oxygen Provider, if there is an emergency, you are legally allowed to provide 100% O2
• TEC Diver, guide customers that want to do TEC fun dives
During our GoPRO programs, we will make sure that you are well taken care of. With all our Divemaster Internships we include 6 weeks accommodation at a local homestay. Accommodation is single occupancy room with aircon and private bathroom.
You will receive 30 lunch tickets upon arrival which you can use during your training. If you wish to stay longer you can either pay the lunches each day you dive, or you can buy 30 new tickets for a very beneficial price.
The PADI Divemaster Fee is included in the price of all our Divemaster Internships
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to
• Supervise both training and non-training related activities by planning, organizing & directing dives
• Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
• Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
• Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
• Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
• If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
• Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
• Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster.
• Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
• surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises: and when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
• Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
• Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
• Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
• Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.