PADI Divemaster Internships
PADI Divemaster Internship
PADI Divemaster Program in Bali
Transform your love of diving into a full-time career. The Divemaster Internship program is your first step on the professional path. Divemaster training develops your dive leadership abilities by expanding your knowledge, dive skills and experience to a professional level.
Our Divemaster internship offer an in-depth comprehensive training program, as such our minimum 1 month internship covers the foundation you will need to grow into a confident dive professional.
Upon certification as a PADI Divemasters, you can be employed in PADI dive centres worldwide to guide certified divers, assist PADI Instructors with students in training and to conduct the Skin Diver, Discover Local Diving and Scuba Reviews programs.
Bali was recently listed by PADI as one of the top four best locations to GoPRO and do a divemaster internship. The diversity of aquatic life and dive sites, the amazing warmth of the Balinese people and the ease of access to world class amenities make Bali one of the best locations in the world to train as a professional diver. Join us at Crystal Diver and explore some of the best diving in South East Asia!
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster Internship program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
As you progress through your Divemaster Internship, you’ll expand your diving knowledge, hone you skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI Divemaster, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the the acquatic realm.
What You Can Teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.